Lifeguards for the City of Bellevue
Municipal Swimming Pool
Due to new requirements, the City will no longer be providing lifeguarding classes. Therefore, all lifeguards will need to attend a lifeguarding and/or WSI certification class elsewhere. Please check your schedule and sign up for a class ASAP. Below is a list of classes in the area. However, you may attend a different class if you find one held at another location. The City will refund your fee if you pass the class(es) but a copy of your payment/receipt is needed.
IF YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE NEW THAT IS INTERESTED IN LIFEGUARDING, THEN PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION.
Lifeguard & CPR Class
• Maquoketa YMCA/YWCA: Friday-Sunday, February 16-18, 2018 9AM-7PM. Register by calling 563-652-6566.
• City of Dubuque: Saturday-Sunday, March 17-18, 2018 9AM-6PM, located at Dubuque YMCA/YWCA. Register online at www.cityofdubuque.org/recreation.
• Dubuque YMCA/YWCA: Friday, May 13, 2018 5PM-9PM; Saturday-Sunday, May 14-15, 2018 9AM-3PM. Register online at http://dubuquey.org/event/lifeguard-recertification/.
Lifeguard Recertification & CPR Class
• Dubuque YMCA/YWCA: Sunday, April 24, 2018, 9AM-3PM. Register online at http://dubuquey.org/event/lifeguard-recertification/.
(Note: with WSI, a guard will receive $1.00 an hour more & we NEED more WSI guards to teach lifeguarding classes. Certification is good for two years).
• Scott County Park: May 29-June 1, 2018 5PM-8PM. Register by calling Scott county Park at 563-328-3282 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you receive any new/renewed certifications, then please drop off/make
a copy of your new card at City Hall for the City/pool records.
THIS WILL BE YOUR ONLY REMINDER FOR THESE CLASSES!
Please contact Abbey Skrivseth at City Hall if you have any questions: email@example.com or 563-872-4456.