The City of Bellevue is working in partnership with state and local agencies to monitor developments related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and to ensure the health and safety of our community.
In her proclomation, the Governor has issued a state of public health disaster emergency. At this time, there are 8 confirmed cases in Jackson County and there are now 17,658 cases in Iowa (as of 05/26/2020). Public gatherings of 10 or more are prohibited and social distancing is encouraged to stop or slow the spread of the virus.
The state of disaster in place until at least June 25.
Click or tap here to read the full proclamation.
TRUSTED INFORMATION SOURCES
- The Iowa Department of Public Health - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page provides up-to-date information regarding this virus as well as guidance for businesses, schools, healthcare, long-term care, general public, and travelers.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-10) page has a summary of the virus, including symptoms, risk assessment, and preventative measures.
- The Bellevue Herald Leader has created a free-access page with local coverage and related cancellations and announcements.
- https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/ This page provides information, maps, and resources about the coronavirus response in our local area.
- Older adults are more likely to react severely to COVID-19, due partly to weaker immune systems and having chronic conditions. Stay informed to stay well!
The United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States is committed to ensuring that our region's most vulnerable families have the support they need to weather the short and long term impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visit 2-1-1- Website Or call the COVID-19 Hotline by dialing 2-1-1 from a landline or 800-244-7431 from a cell phone.
- The Governor's Facebook page will hold all of her live press conferences.
- The 2020 IRS Federal Tax Delay Explained: https://www.accounting.com/resources/taxes-2020-irs-delay/
- What You Need to Know: Coronavirus Stimulus Package of 2020: https://www.accounting.com/resources/stimulus-package-2020/